On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 10:20:44 AM UTC-5, Jonathan Russ wrote:
> Is there a FiniteElement in deal.II that allows the addition of degrees of
> freedom at gauss points so that the DoFHandler object also manages them?
> For example, I would like to have just a standard Lagrangian finite element
> interpolated with the plain bilinear shape functions for nodal degrees of
> freedom but I also have a single degree of freedom at each gauss point
> within the element (and, consequently, residual equations at each gauss
> point in each element). Is this possible in deal.II to have degrees of
> freedom not associated with nodes?
I am not sure I understand your question. Do you want Lagrangian FE where
you pick yourself the node? If that is the case then you can use this
Of course the order of the finite element will depend on the number of
point in you quadrature. Or do you want to  evaluate your finite element at
some quadrature points?

The deal.II project is located at
For more options, visit