On 03/12/2018 09:41 AM, Bryukhanov Ilya wrote:
Yeah, you're right that for analysis of FEM data it's more profitable to use for example Paraview. However, I want to use Matlab not for the analysis of data but for the figures. I've got some points and lines that I want to add on output figures. I can do these thing in Matlab easily, however, I need to somehow plot the
original solution. I'm just interesting if there is a simple way to do this.

I don't know of one. All of the visualization formats are complicated, so unless you can find a VTK or GMV or OpenDX reader for Matlab, it's going to be difficult. As I mentioned, the issue is made complicated by the fact that a mesh isn't just field data on a regular xyz grid, but also where the vertices are, how vertices connect to each other in cells, etc. Fields can also be discontinuous, in which case you have multiple values at the same point. All of this makes it difficult to define an "easy file format" that is then easy to read from Matlab.

If all you want is add some points and lines to a picture, then I'd say you'd be better off creating a VTK file that contains these points and lines, and make Paraview of Visit plot both the original solution file and your hand-written one.