Thanks, for the reply..

Hi am using following function to construct periodicity when I set up dof

DoFTools::make_hanging_node_constraints (dof_handler, constraints);

DoFTools::make_periodicity_constraints(dof_handler,6,5 //Boundary ID 6 is
outlet and 5 is inlet

                                       ,0,

                                        constraints

                                        );

Question 1.

I assume that this does same thing as Triangulation.add_periodicity () +
Gridtools::collect_periodic_faces().

Isn't it?

Question 2.

What I don't know now is when I call 'integrate_boundary_term' function in
the mesh worker

how can I assess neighbor cell information?

For example, when I assemble for left end cell - the influx should be
described by right-end cell at previous time solution solution at previous
time.

To summary, I don't know how to call neighbor (described by periodic) cell
solution within the 'integrate_boundary term' function

Thanks !!

Jaekwang

   template <int dim>

    void AdvectionProblem<dim>::integrate_boundary_term (DoFInfo &dinfo,

                                                         CellInfo &info)

    { ....

        FullMatrix<double> &local_matrix = dinfo.matrix(0).matrix;

        Vector<double> &local_vector = dinfo.vector(0).block(0);

        const FEValuesBase<dim> &fe_v = info.fe_values();

        const std::vector<double> &JxW = fe_v.get_JxW_values ();

        const std::vector<Tensor<1,dim> > &normals =
fe_v.get_all_normal_vectors ();

        const AdvectionField<dim> advection_field;

        std::vector<Tensor<1,dim> > advection_values
(fe_v.n_quadrature_points);

        advection_field.value_list
(fe_v.get_quadrature_points(),advection_values);