Hi,
I have tried with the methods described in the FAQ and figured out that:
1. As I used edge-based element (FE_NedelecSZ), I queried if my element had
support points by  *fe.has_support_points()*. As a consequence, it returned
zero.
The *FiniteElement::get_unit_support_points() *also returned an empty
vector.
As there was no support point, DoFTools::map_dofs_to_support_points() could
not work as you mentioned above.

2. I have tried some thing with the third method. And here-below is my code:

Point<dim> p{0.5,0.5,0.5}; //position in reference cell
Quadrature<dim> q(p);
FEValues<dim> fe_values_q(fe, q, update_quadrature_points);
fe_values_q.reinit(cell);

//position in the real cell
std::vector<Point<dim>> dof_pos = fe_values_q.get_quadrature_points();
for (int k = 0; k <dof_pos.size() ; ++k) {
    for (int j = 0; j <dim ; ++j) {
        std::cout<<dof_pos[k][j];
        std::cout<<"\n";
    }
}

>From this codes, I can get the real position of arbitrary points in my
current reference cell.

However, my purpose is to get the real position of a given degree of freedom.

Could you please tell me how to get the position of a degree of
freedom in the reference cell?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best,

Pham Ngoc Kien

Vào Th 3, 19 thg 2, 2019 vào lúc 11:47 Phạm Ngọc Kiên <
ngockien.lea...@gmail.com> đã viết: