Hey Daniel,
thanks for the pull, with this instantiation everything compiles fine and I can use it.
But I think I did a mistake somewhere in the function. Using the definiion of the function from your pull request
I call
DoFTools::make_sparsity_pattern (dof_handler_velocity,dof_handler_pressure,dsp,
                    constraints_vel,false);

and afterwards I call

SparsityTools::distribute_sparsity_pattern (dsp, dof_handler_velocity.n_locally_owned_dofs_per_processor(),mpi_communicator,locally_relevant_dofs_vel);

When I run the program on more than 2 processors I get the following error during the distribute_sparsity... function:
    The violated condition was:     local_lines.is_element(line_n)
    Additional information:
    The index set given to this constraints object indicates constraints for degree of freedom 16 should not be stored by this object, but a constraint is being added.

Do you have an idea how I can fix this?

(When I run the code on 1 or 2 processors, this error doesnt come up.
But I get divergence in the Gmres mehod,
which might imply that the boundaryconditions are not
applied in the correct way yet, but I first want to focus on the upper error.)

Thanks and best regards

Gabriel