On 05.04.19 21:45, Bruno Turcksin wrote:
Le ven. 5 avr. 2019 à 14:48, Phani Motamarri <pha...@umich.edu> a écrit :
No login node is intel-broadwell and compute node is intel-skylake. Problem is
that the supercomputer I am compiling on has no way to access compute node
(interactive job) directly for compiling. I am not sure if dealii allows for
cross compilation.
I've never tried that. Maybe Martin has experience with that?

Unfortunately nothing that would help - I always managed to run at least the configuration (cmake) on the same architecture whereas I indeed built (make) on a different architecture once the compilation was finished through and with a fixed '-march=knl' for example. But we should definitely support cross-compilation. I'm not sure how our support was - I will test this before the release.

As to the present case: Phani, have you tried to submit the compilation job, i.e., "cmake -D .... && make -j xx" through a job file? That should invoke the right microarchitecture; some machines do not have all compile tools such as cmake available as modules on the nodes, though.

Best,
Martin