Hi deal.ii community,

I am having scalability issues with solvers for H(curl)-H(div) problems and
H(grad)-H(curl) problems in 3D with essential boundary conditions (in a
constraint matrix). Even for moderately sized problems (200K dofs) the
(SparseILU preconditioned Schur-complement CG) solver needs too many
iterations - depending on the coefficients between 500 and 10000. Multigrid
in these spaces is (as far as I know problematic).

So I was wondering if there is a PetSc interface to MUMPS (parallel sparse
direct solver) or if anyone has an idea for more efficient solvers for such
problems. I am not an expert in linear solvers but their efficiency is (as
so often) crucial here.

I would be grateful for any idea...

Cheers,
Konrad