On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, at 13:38 CDT, Bruno Blais <blais.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am re-implementing some tests on our solvers (following
> https://www.dealii.org/developer/developers/testsuite.html#layoutaddtests)
> Right now, it is really easy to test individual applications with a
> combination of executable + output + prm file.
> We also test with various number of processors.
>
> However, I was wondering if there was way to test a single executable with
> more than one .prm file and corresponding output files
> Ex: test.1.prm test.1.output, test.2.prm, test.2.output where test would be
> the executable in question.
>
> Is that something that is feasible in the current framework?

For example:

Having in .../tests

  test_1.prm
  test_1.output
  test_2.prm
  test_2.output

with the following tests/CMakeLists.txt file:

  SET(TEST_TARGET my_executable)
  DEAL_II_PICKUP_TESTS()

will define two tests in which the target "my_executable" is run with
the corresponding parameter file. For this two work, you will need to
have an executable target somewhere else, for example under src:

src/CMakeLists.txt:

  ADD_EXECUTABLE(my_executable ....)
  DEAL_II_SETUP_TARGET(my_executable)

If you want to run more than one executable, you will need multiple
subdirectories (one for each executable).

Best,
Matthias