Dear Lukas,

I fully understand your point. No need to reinvent the wheel. I don't know
any such software. However, if this is the whole change you want to do,
tutorial-44 seems indeed to be a suitable start for you, even if this is a
somewhat complicated program.

> where you can e.g. easily implement any desired material model but do not
have to care about the whole assembly and solution process

In that tutorial, the whole material model is contained into four
functions, get_tau(), get_Jc(), get_dPsi_vol_dJ() and get_d2Psi_vol_dJ2().
By creating other objects with such an interface + some fun templating (or
by using virtual functions), it should be easy to access various materials.

Incidentely, I noticed we are geographically close. Do you mind if I send
you a direct email?

Bests,
Lucas