Hey everyone,

I have the following problem
I have a classical velocity - pressure Blockvector "soluion" and a FEsystem
(initialized via
*             fe(FE_Q<dim>(degree + 1), dim, FE_Q<dim>(degree), 1)*

For some testing I want to get the velocity compontents of solution in
seperate vectors,
i.e. a vector u_x which contains the velocity values of solution in
x-direction.

I am not really sure yet how to get these values.

My attempt is to use FEValues and quadrature points

u_x.reinit(n_dofs_in_one_direction);
*FEValues<dim>                             fe_values(fe,
quadrature_formula, update_values);*
*std::vector<Tensor<1, dim>>          velocity_values(n_q_points);*
*const FEValuesExtractors::Vector   velocities(0);*

*for (const auto &cell : dof_handler.active_cell_iterators())*
* {*
*      fe_values.reinit(cell);*
*      fe_values[velocities].get_function_values(solution,
velocity_values);*

*    [...]*

*}*

With this procedure I get the vector of Tensors velocity_values, which
contains the velocity-values of "solution" in every direction at the
quadratue points. So now I an easily get the values of velocity_values in
the x-direction at the quadrature points. But how do I get the values of
u_x at the dofs?

Does somebody have an idea how to fix this, or a better way to do handle
this?

Best regards

Gabriel