Am Dienstag, 10. September 2019 13:26:56 UTC+2 schrieb Bruno Blais:

> I second Wolfgang comment on the fact that Q1Q1 is not difficult to
> implement. You can also scale it to arbitrary Qn-Qn elements if you are
> interested in higher order.
> We have implemented such an approach in our code based on dealii (
> https://github.com/lethe-cfd/lethe)
> Q1Q1 is already very diffusive (which is why it is so robust I guess), so
> I am not sure that going with Q1-Q0 to save a few pressure degree of
> freedom is actually worth it.
> Best!
> Bruno

Thanks Bruno,
also very appreciated! I have been looking for dealii implementations of
NS,
since especially the stabilizations (not only inf-sup but SUPG GLS or
similar)
are always a bit tricky ... or at least what is considered/or may be
ignored!

I totally agree, that saving a few pressure dofs does not pay off,
especially since I am having
vector<dim>-valued velocities and displacements and only the single
pressure ...
The motivation was solely coming from the fact, that I did not think of
using FE_nothing,
otherwise I would not have started trying to use Q1Q0.

Kind regards,
Richard