Hi Prashant,

> I am trying to solve an Inverse Cauchy problem in 3D nonlinear elasticity.
> I have observed displacement data at partial boundary as well in partial
> regions inside the body, and want to reconstruct the traction field. From
> documentation of deal.II, I understood how tangent stiffness matrix can be
> created at each iteration for the forward problem.

This is a challenging ill-posed problem. I did something similar myself in
the past. An advice from my experience: Start with linear elasticity
(Navier-Lame). In fact the stiffness-matrix is the tangent stiffness matrix
of Saint-Venant Materials around the zero-displacement field. Then with
Saint-Venant. If this works try "simple" Neo-Hookean laws (keep in mind
that tangent stiffness is not necessarily definite etc). etc... but I guess
that was not your question. (Sorry for the unrequested advice)

While solving the inverse problem iteratively,  I want to retrieve this
> tangent stiffness matrix at each iteration, perform necessary algebraic
> manipulations and update the increments in unknown displacement and
> traction variables.  Is it possible to do so using deal.II?  If you have
> any suggestions, please feel free to include them.

Look at tutorial step-44. I think you will find what you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Konrad