I realize that this question is not exactly about the code/concepts behind
deal.II library itself, but rather about a mathematical statement from
step-20.

*"After assembling the linear system we are faced with the task of solving
it. The problem here is: the matrix has a zero block at the bottom right
(there is no term in the bilinear form that couples the pressure p with the
pressure test function q), and it is indefinite".*

My question is about the indefiniteness of the matrix. In my understanding,
a matrix is indefinite if it has both positive and negative eigen values.
However, there has not been any discussion thus far in step-20 that comment
about the eigen-values. How was the statement about the indefiniteness then
made?   Can someone here explain why that matrix is indefinite?

Regards,
Krishna