By the way, the examples in the docker image are located under

$(spack location -i dealii)/share/deal.II/examples

i.e., you can go to

cd $(spack location -i dealii)/share/deal.II/examples

and from there, compile and run. Notice that they are not pre-compiled (they
would just take up download bandwidth).

Best,
Luca