Hello everyone,

we (the preCICE team
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/dealii/precice%7Csort:date/dealii/bje-VcjcGeA/zNrJfVOpCwAJ>)

are targeting to support a new deal.II solver for preCICE. We want to
simulate the probably well known Turek
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/dealii/precice%7Csort:date/dealii/bje-VcjcGeA/zNrJfVOpCwAJ>

and Hron
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/dealii/precice%7Csort:date/dealii/bje-VcjcGeA/zNrJfVOpCwAJ>FSI3

benachmark
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/dealii/precice%7Csort:date/dealii/bje-VcjcGeA/zNrJfVOpCwAJ>.

Therefore, we would like to use a solver for nonlinear solid dynamics with
deal.II , since the deformations are rather large.

This post is intended to collect some ideas before starting: Has anyone
already developed such a solver or knows a good starting point?

We have currently a dynamic linear-elastic solid solver and there are of
course several tutorial programs dealing with nonlinear static solid
mechanics.

Any idea is appreciated!

Best regards,
David