I am currently working on Step-52, which solves the diffusion equation.

I now want to disable the Method of Manufactured Solutions (MMS) i.e. get
rid of the forcing function which produces an expected analytical solution,
in the direction towards solving my real-world problem.  I also have set
the absorption coefficient to zero, so that the diffusion equation reduces
to a form analogous to the heat-equation.

Currently, the initial condition is set to be the zero vector.

As a first step, I'd like to set my initial solution to be sin(b*x) *
sin(b*y).

I am currently interested in using only the embedded explicit method driver
function. Within this, I suspect that the lines of interest are the
following:

solution = 0.;
constraint_matrix.distribute(solution);

But I am not quite sure how can this initial condition be imposed. Any help
will be much appreciated.