Dear Ajith:

I have a copy of the .ova file of the virtual machine for Windows that
includes deal.II version 8.2.1, but it's almost 3 GB. So it's not practical.

I think the best you can do is to go to '
https://www.math.colostate.edu/~bangerth/videos.html' and watch the
"Lecture 3" video, where it's explained, step by step, how to download
and install any version of deal.II.

Kind Regards.

Curro Trigo