Hi Navneet,

I agree with Wolfgang's advice. Specifically, I suggest you start by
double-checking the formulation you implemented in deal.ii. Surely, your Jc
tangent tensor can't be zero! Also, shouldn't the volumetric part of your
strain energy density be a function of the bulk modulus kappa, not of p?
Something like:
\Psi = c_1\left(I_1 - 3\right) + \frac{1}{2} \kappa \left( J - 1\right)^2
and then the pressure appears in the stress tensor because
 p = - \frac{\partial \Psi_{vol}}{\partial J}

I implemented a mixed u/p quasi-incompressible hyperelastic formulation in
a Fortran code during my PhD. I think it is similar to what you're trying
to implement. You'll find all the analytical derivations for tangent
tensors and the outline of the algorithm I used in my dissertation on
ResearchGate. I really recommend the following references, if you haven't
checked them already:
Crisfield (1991), Non-linear finite element analysis of solids and
structures. John Wiley & Sons.
Bonet and Wood (2008), Nonlinear Continuum Mechanics for Finite Element
Analysis. Cambridge University Press.

Hope this helps!
Ester

El dijous, 14 maig de 2020 12:38:56 UTC-4, Wolfgang Bangerth va escriure: