Dear Heena,

may I ask you to be more specific regarding to
parallel::fullydistributed::Triangualation (p:f:t) error. In the case of
p:f:t you can copy indeed refined meshes, however users need to deal with
periodicity on their own by applying the periodicy once again. See the
following test:
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/tests/fullydistributed_grids/copy_serial_tria_04.cc#L102

This is kinda annoying, but I was not able to come up with a more
transparent solution during the development of p:f:t.

Hope that helps,
Peter