Bhavesh,

It's hard to tell if there is something going wrong and if so what it is
from just the information you provided.
If you inspect your container can you find the deal.II library, i.e. the
include files and the shared library?
If so, how did you try to invoke CMake when trying to build step-1? Do you
set any environment variables like DEAL_II_DIR?

Best,
Daniel