Dear Timo,
A step-12-like version of Step-39 for the Laplace equation would be very
interesting. I would be glad to help on making one of those. The same could
be said about the Stokes equations.

Ideally, once that is done, i would like to try and make one for stabilized
Navier-Stokes for both CG and DG, but I feel I need a bit more of
experience with writing steps before I move on to that.

So if you feel you need any help with the two aforementioned steps, I would
be glad to help. I really like what you have done with the
FEInterfaceValues, so if we can make it more popular, why not ? :)!
I am also integrating teaching DG within one of my graduate classes and I
feel using deal.II for that will be really helpful.

Best
Bruno