Hi Dr. Bangerth,

As a follow-up question, upon calling compress(), will the local copy of
the system matrix on a specific processor get updated to contain
information from all other processors? In other words, if I print out the
system matrix from a particular processor after calling compress(), is that
the same global system matrix that the linear solver is solving?

Thanks a lot for clarifying!

Best,
Jimmy