On 8/14/20 9:20 PM, yuesu jin wrote:
I tried a few levels of the tolerance, 1e-3, 1e-4 ,1e-6 and 1e-8. 1e-3 converged because that is in the same level with the solution. Error occurs below 1e-4.  I have tried the Jacobi preconditioner instead of SSOR in the single thread CG version, it converged as well.

Is this 1e-4 * system_rhs.l2_norm(), or just 1e-4? If the latter, what is the size of system_rhs.l2_norm()? You should choose a tolerance that is proportional to the norm of the right hand side.