On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, at 13:01 CDT, Aaditya Lakshmanan <aaditya8...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>   zlib(version 1.2.11) was already loaded as a module in all my previous
> compilation attempts. I will try it by setting DEAL_II_WITH_ZLIB=OFF but I
> am not sure why the path to zlib libraries is picked up from /usr . Thanks
> for the suggestion.

This is probably simply a faulty zlib module shipped with zlib. In order
to force cmake to pick up the correct library it might be easiest to use
"CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH" like so:

  -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/path/to/the/zlib/module/

If that doesn't help then you can specify zlib by hand:

  -DDEAL_II_WITH_ZLIB=ON -DZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS=/[...]/include
-DZLIB_LIBRARIES=/[...]/libz.so

Best,
Matthias