Hi,

I'm new here (and also relatively new to deal.II). I'm trying to install
dealii@9.2.0 from spack, running into errors. These errors are not directly
linked to deal.II and therefore I'm not sure if this is the right place to
post my problem. Unfortunately, clang@12.0.0 and Xcode12.0 seem to be quite
new and there is not a lot to find in the www... Furthermore, I'm using
gcc@10.2.0.

spack install dealii

1) Thereby, installing OpenBlas leads to the error:
Error: ProcessError: Command exited with status 2: 'make' '-j12'
Then, I tried to install the most recent develop version of OpenBlas --
with success. And continue with:

spack install dealii ^openblas@develop

2) Thereby, installing arpack-ng leads again to:
Error: ProcessError: Command exited with status 2: 'make' '-j12'
Then, I tried to install the most recent develop version of arpack-ng --
with success. And continue with:

spack install dealii ^openblas@develop ^arpack-ng@develop

3) Thereby, installing netlib-scalapack leads again to:
Error: ProcessError: Command exited with status 2: 'make' '-j12'
Unfortunately, there is no newer version of this package.

Now my question, has anyone else tried to install dealii 9.2.0 and macOS
Catalina with clang@12.0.0 and Xcode12.0? Or has anyone suggestions how to
overcome these issues? I'm looking forward to any help and ideas! Let me
know if you need more detailed information.

Kind regards
Alex