Since you have access to Cubit/Trellis, “that patch” is probably not necessary.
Cubit uses the Mesquite library for mesh quality improvement, so if you could
try to increase the mesh quality that way. Although I’d have to agree with
Wolfgang that it might not help too much in this case, but that’s an educated
guess.

Best,
Jean-Paul