> I don't support this idea. If you take the Taylor-Green vortex for
> example, the velocity decays with exp(-2 nu t), while the pressure
> decays with the square of that term. Why do you expect error from your
> pressure-correction scheme and your error from the time discretization
> to converge in the same way? Note that they are not completely
> independent of course.

The assumption was naive on my part. I had not considered that the
pressure-correction scheme could introduce such a strong spatial dependency
on the error saturation of the pressure field alone.

I am not convinced that this completely eliminates all influence of
> the pressure-correction scheme. I assume that it still gives an O(dt)
> additional error (or maybe something higher order depending on your
> scheme).

Yes, you are right. If those factors would reduce/eliminate the influence
of the pressure-correction scheme, the Guermond problem would then showcase
a lower convergence order and/or faster saturation than the Taylor-Green
vortex, which is not the case.

Am Sa., 24. Okt. 2020 um 17:19 Uhr schrieb Timo Heister <heis...@clemson.edu