Hi everyone,

I am trying to debug this strange behavior.  I am trying to build a PETSC
sparse parallel matrix using 4 processors.  This gives me 32 local number of
rows (so 128 global number of rows).  But when I pass the local_num_of_rows
variable into the reinit function, this is the PETSC error I get:

PETSC ERROR: Nonconforming object sizes
PETSC ERROR: Sum of local lengths 512 does not equal global length 128, my
local length 128

Here is my reinit function and necessary vectors:

std::vector<size_type> local_rows_per_process(num_procs,local_num_rows);
std::vector<size_type> local_columns_per_process(num_procs,number_of_columns);

spm.reinit(MPI_COMM_WORLD, dsp, local_rows_per_process,
local_columns_per_process, my_proc);

The number of local rows for this example is local_num_rows=32, I printed to
check.  Though when it is passed into the reinit function, it looks like it is
using the global number of rows.

I get the same error from the constructor that doesn’t use the dynamic sparsity
pattern:

spm.reinit(MPI_COMM_WORLD,global_row_size,global_column_size,local_row_size,local_column_size,number_of_non_zeros);

Just for clarifying this constructor, what is “local_rows” and “local_columns”
for this constructor?  The documentation just says see the class documentation.
 I see where the 4th constructor uses “local_rows_per_process” and this means
how many rows do all other processors own and same for the columns so I thought
I had that figured out for my constructor with the dynamic sparsity pattern but
maybe not.  For this constructor, I just used the local number of rows and
columns.

Can someone please show me what they would do to debug this situation?

Thank you,

Zachary