Hi Luca,

Thanks for the response. I recreated the mesh to make sure that there is no
two physical tag for the same object. I found that if I do not set any
physical tag, my code is able to read the mesh without any issue. But when
I am setting 4 different physical tags to 4 parts of the boundary, I am
getting a new error message:

An error occurred in line <2028> of file
</home/krishanu/Google_Drive/dealii/dealii_920/dealii-9.2.0/source/grid/grid_in.cc>

in function
    void dealii::GridIn<dim, spacedim>::read_msh(std::istream&) [with int
dim = 2; int spacedim = 2; std::istream = std::basic_istream<char>]
The violated condition was:
    cells.size() > 0
Additional information:
    (none)