Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. I had previously used GridIn::read_msh() in 2d in
which case the boundary ids were also correctly read. Isn't it unexpected
behaviour then, if the data is not getting transferred in 3d? Manually
setting the ids will work for now, but eventually I wish the transfer of
boundary id information also happens.