Dr. Wolfgang,

Thank you for the reply.

So is your fine mesh a refinement of the coarse one? If not, you may want to
> look at FEFieldFunction.

Yes, it is. But the "refinement" is done by the meshing software, outside
dealii. Is there any simplification possible in such a case?

Otherwise, I think FEFieldFunction would be a safe choice. Since I want to
use it with p::d::Triangulation, will setting all dofs as relevant do the
job? This way the partitioning can also be different.

You would have to attach manifolds to the triangulation object that is being
> reconstructed, before reconstruction.

Ok, noted.

Thank you.