Hi again Matthew,

I’ve also found this build log for the Debian deal.II apt package
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=deal.ii&arch=all&ver=9.2.0-3&stamp=1606990185&raw=0

<https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=deal.ii&arch=all&ver=9.2.0-3&stamp=1606990185&raw=0>
and you can see that in amongst all of the dependencies are listed the
"trilinos-all-dev” and " trilinos-dev” packages. They are meta-packages for all
of the development files for Trilinos
<https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/trilinos-all-dev>. I reckon that you should
install these packages, and then give it another try.

Best,
Jean-Paul