Mariia,

That's a problem a little more complicated to solve. Basically, we are not
instantiating the template for complex<double> and BlockSparseMatrix.
If you are OK with recompiling deal.II, you should modify source/numerics/
matrix_tools.inst.in so that all overloads are also compiled for complex
numbers.
Otherwise, copy
https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/7439f2b0b4d210d237e8df53f12f47c242cfac3f/source/numerics/matrix_tools.cc#L240-L499
somewhere in your source code.