On 9/30/21 6:43 AM, bob bill wrote:

I searched for a solution in several steps, but apparently I can't find a way. How can I impose them taking into account also the presence of the mass matrix?

I don't actually know the answer, but you should see whether the ARKODE examples have sample code that shows how to do that. For example, it is possible that ARKODE allows specifying that certain solution vector entries have certain values (namely, the corresponding boundary values). I don't know off the top of my head whether the deal.II interfaces to ARKODE allow setting such constraints, but think that I have seen this before.

If you want to understand what needs to be done *in principle* for time steppers, you might want to take a look at how step-26 deals with this problem (using its own simplistic time stepper, not using ARKODE).