Hi Raghunandan,

I think that you misinterpreted the documentation: operator/=
<https://dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/classVector.html#a4263fde23b0a636562ca9751d51b5e4a>
 is implemented for the Vector class and operator*=
<https://dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/classFullMatrix.html#a9fa9af1ab8afd166bb3e5382d188727d>
 is implemented for the FullMatrix class. So your code probably needs to be

r /= theta;
OM *= cos(theta);

I hope that this helps you resolve your issue.

Best,
Jean-Paul