I currently have the solution to a PDE stored in a Vector<double> solution.
I need to compute the solution at some Point<2> loc. I accomplish this
using the function

VectorTools::point_value(dof_handler, solution, loc, val);

which fills val with the value I care about. Similarly, I get the gradient
with point_gradient.

This accomplishes what I need but if I have a lot of points like loc and
have to do this every timestep then it quickly becomes a computational
bottleneck.

If I am not refining the mesh, is there a more efficient why of
accomplishing this? I assume by storing the specific cell that loc is in?