On 9/26/22 10:04, Lucas Myers wrote:

I'm trying to construct a rectangular grid with features at arbitrary locations. The most straightforward way of doing this that I can think of is to generate a rectangular hypercube, delete the cells/edges/vertices around feature locations, and then attach other triangulations (e.g. a hyper_cube_with_cylindrical_hole) at the vacant locations.

Is there a simple-ish utility for removing parts of the domain in this way? And does the process differ for a distributed triangulation? I've been perusing the documentation for Triangulation, GridTools, and GridGenerator and haven't been able to find anything.

There are functions in namespace GridGenerator that (i) create a mesh from another one by removing individual cells, and (ii) create a mesh from two or more other ones by merging them. I forgot the name of the former, the latter is called GridGenerator::merge_triangulation().