Erkin

as far as I understand, your problem is not in compilation. In fact, you
seamlessly compiled step-1 and step-2, both in debug and release mode.
Your "segmentation fault" issue arises in running the executable file from
the command line.
That said, I have no idea on what is causing the issue. Perhaps someone in
the community has had similar problems and can address us.

dealii-candi 9.4.0 was compiled with gcc 13.3.0

Alberto

*Alberto Salvadori* Dipartimento di Ingegneria Meccanica e Industriale
(DIMI)
 Universita` di Brescia, via Branze 43, 25123 Brescia
 Italy
 tel 030 3715426

e-mail:
 alberto.salvad...@unibs.it