Sorry for the confusion. I think I made a mistake while writing the first
email.

H_plus is being called in Assemble_damage and not assemble_elastic. It uses
elastic solution, cell and gauss point to evaluate strain at a gauss point.
Then some quantity is evaluated based on the strain.

Similarly I have another function damage_gauss which is being called in
assemble_elastic that evaluates damage at a gauss point using the damage
solution, cell and gauss point.

Wasim Niyaz
Research scholar
CE Dept.