Giuseppe,

Your configuration line looks good. I use the same but I also export
OMPI_CXX=/path/kokkos/bin/nvcc_wrapper

Best,

Bruno

On Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 4:38:07 AM UTC-4 gius...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm writing this post because I'm having some issues to compile the latest
release. I would need a version which supports CUDA and MPI being
CUDA-aware. Hence, I installed Kokkos using the flags
-DKokkos_ENABLE_CUDA=ON and -DKokkos_ENABLE_CUDA_LAMBDA=ON. Then, I tried
to build the Makefile specifying as CXX compiler the 'nvcc_wrapper' in
Kokkos, namely using -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/path/kokkos/bin/nvcc_wrapper and
using the flags -DDEAL_II_WITH_MPI=ON, -DDEAL_II_WITH_CUDA=ON,
-DDEAL_II_MPI_WITH_DEVICE_SUPPORT=ON, -DKOKKOS_DIR=${Kokkos_dir}, but I get
an error in finding MPI

[image: error_compilation_9_5.png]
I also tried to specify the compiler I have always used with the previous
version via -DMPI_CXX_COMPILER flag, but I get the same error. Did someone
encounter the same issue? Am I supposed to use 'nvcc_wrapper' also for MPI?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Giuseppe