Announcements for Sunday, August 6

Catering Snags
==========

We'd like to apologize again for the delays some have experienced during
lunch today, and want to let you know that we're in constant contact
with the caterer to ensure that we get the right amount of food every
day. Starting tomorrow morning, the venue cafeteria will be open and
will serve breakfast and lunch (until 16:00). Note, this option will not
be covered by the meal cards.

Cheese and Wine party
=================

The Cheese and Wine party is happening on the evening of Monday August
7th. If you have brought things to be consumed during the party, please
register them on the wiki page[0] so the cheese team doesn't have to
label everything "Random Cheese #42".

Front desk is collecting items that need refrigeration up until the
party preparation. We kindly ask you that you bring all the goods
(liquid and solid) you want to share at the party on Monday morning, so
we know how to adjust quantities when we go for our shopping run in the
afternoon. We'll try to arrange refrigeration for liquids on Monday as
well, but no promises there.

Preparation for the party will happen late afternoon on Monday. Shifts
have been recorded on the volunteer system[1]. Please sign up and come
to the garden when the time comes!

[0]:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/CheeseWineBoF#What_will_be_available_during_the_party.3F
[1]: https://debconf17.debconf.org/volunteers/tasks/

The Videoteam really needs your help!
===========================

We stream and record the DebConf talks in 3 rooms, so that attendees who
can't make it in person can participate remotely and watch talks they've
missed afterwards. This takes a lot of work, and requires your help.
While you're attending a talk, you can help us by operating a camera, or
mixing audio/video.

We have been struggling during this DebConf, so far, to find enough
volunteers to operate cameras and equipment in all the sessions.

So, if you think you may be interested, please contact the video team
(on IRC: #debconf-video) or attend our training after supper (21:00) in
Rex every day. If you have experience from helping at a past DebConf,
you can help us now, by volunteering on the website [2]. If you know
other people who may be interested in helping out, please encourage them
to sign up too.

[2]: https://debconf17.debconf.org/volunteers/tasks/

Advice for Presenters
================

If you are presenting a talk at DebConf, please read through [3]. In
particular, please make sure in advance that your laptop works with the
room setup, and that you have a backup PDF ready in case your laptop
does not work at the beginning of your presentation.

[3]: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Advice-for-presenters

Self Scheduling

[4] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Self-Scheduling

Reimbursement for travel bursary recipients
==============================

Reimbursements for travel bursary recipients will be accepted by SPI
from the middle of this week (Wednesday Aug 9). The folks at SPI are
working on setting up the submission email, queues, and so on. An
announcement to the travel bursary recipients will be issued on
Wednesday with the detailed instructions when those technical aspects
are completed. Please note that an SPI Reimbursement Request Form [5] ,
an XE Travel Expense Report [6], and substantiating documentation (aka
receipts) will need to be submitted as a single PDF, so start collecting
your receipts now, converting them into PDF if not already. Please don't
start completing the XE Travel Expense Report until you've received the
detailed instructions, but the link is provided below. Finally,
reimbursements will be processed using TransferWise: it is critically
important to have accurate banking details in the SPI Reimbursement
Request Form.

[5]: http://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/SPI_reimbursement_request.pdf
[6]: http://www.xe.com/travel-expenses-calculator/

Miscellaneous reminders
==================

On-site accommodation: Please, to all those leaving the dorms, don't
forget to hand in your room key, as well as any of the grey blankets
(with a "Sécurité Publique" inscription) borrowed from Front Desk.

Beer Bar: In Canada, it's customary to tip 15-20% when being served
alcohol, so please be generous with our hard working jokey box
attendant. Please also note that our alcohol permit applies to the
Garden and Rex, and thus taking alcoholic drinks outside these spaces is
forbidden. Lastly, we ask everyone to put their used glasses in the
plastic trays and not leave them strewn across tables in the garden.

--
The DebConf Team