On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 07:05:04PM +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> at bottom :-
>
> On 14/06/2016, Julian Andres Klode <j...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Just to add: A "Hepatitis A" vaccination is recommended for South
> > African cities (at least in Germany it's recommended). It has a
> > tendency to spread with water.
> >
> > --
> > Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
> >
> > When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
> > directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.
> >

> Dear Julian,
> This whole thread was crucial. The South African DHA-84 Form 11 which
> I filled recommended to get "Hepatitis A" vaccination done only if you
> are going to stay in South Africa for more than 3 months.
>
> With your insight/knowledge I did take the vaccine today as its better
> to take it rather than give opportunity to get sick while traveling
> due to water, something as severe as  "Hepatitis A" which spreads with
> water. although will be sticking with bottled water or filtered water
> as much as possible.

Severe might be overstated. 90% heal within 1 month, 10% might take a
few months to heal, and only 0.01% to 0.1% are lethal.[1]

The annoying (or good?) part is you'll only notice it after DebConf has
finished, as incubation time is around 2 weeks.

So, yes, it's a good idea to get it, but as it won't cause permanent
damage it's not an absolute must I think.

[1] German source:
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/Infekt/EpidBull/Merkblaetter/Ratgeber_HepatitisA.html#doc2374552bodyText8