On 7/29/17 4:50 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 11:43:46PM +0200, Zlatan Todoric wrote:
I am interested in what privacy concerns as I don't want to provide
an app that is invasive in privacy field (we have already full of
those in world)...

you see who has read something in a group chat and you also see when
people are typing…

Disabling typing notifications landed in Riot/Web back in April: https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/3220 - I've just filed matching issues for Riot/Android & iOS.

Disabling sending read receipts is more subtle - https://github.com/vector-im/riot-web/issues/2527 is the main bug tracking that.

Eitherway, both issues are on the radar for Riot. We're suffering bandwidth (and funding: https://matrix.org/blog/2017/07/07/a-call-to-arms-supporting-matrix/) issues currently, so the fastest way to solve this may be to submit PRs ;) Switching to a totally different client feels slightly overkill, but ymmv.

In other news, we'd love to support usage of Matrix at Debconf (and Debian is our production distro of choice as a team, ever since Potato!)

Matthew Hodgson
Matrix.org