On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, Nasir El-Amin wrote:

> So just to clarify your stance is that stating historically factual
> statements about human rights violations in a country where the project has
> decided to whole an event and where people of specific faiths and ethnicity
> will be excluded is off limits? Because that’s what your quoted statement was
> addressing.
We can state historically factual statements for all over the world for
years, probably for every country where a debconf ever happened. But that
don't take us any further in that discussion.

> I just want to be clear so others know they cannot publicly criticize the
> project for these reasons which are all factual.
>
> Also can you refer to any project policy or rule that’s documented publicly
> that prohibits this? You state that such is not allowed is that a rule you
> made up on the fly or is it documented somewhere?

From our policy:
* The mailing lists exist to foster the development and use of Debian.
Non-constructive or off-topic messages, along with other abuses, are not
welcome.
* Try not to flame; it is not polite.
* Use common sense all the time.

From the CoC: