The nageru post doesn't talk about audio/video sync at all?

Also, after reading that document, I don't quite understand why he isn't
just using a simple triple buffering system? The triple buffering method
can be extended to an arbitrary number of inputs and outputs and gives you
ideal (lowest possible latency) frame rate matching without tearing.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell