> Ataboot.prg unpacks the kernel, unpacks the initrd and complains about
> "6815744 file | out of memory for ramdisk image" and lets me return to
> TOS desktop.

This is what that looks like: https://youtu.be/9PJxPiSkuvQ

I would highly apreciate get ataboot working instead of the bootstra.tos,
because ataboot is also integrated into ct60 TOS.

One can put kernel, initrd and bootargs file into C:/ and use
bootconf.prg or ct60conf.acc to configure boot preference from "none"
to "Linux". At next boot, a little menu comes up, to select system to boot.

See that here: https://youtu.be/5di5051XC28

it would be inviteable to have that working with the kernel and initrd
that boots the Debian/68k after its installed.

I put these videos to youtube as "not listed" so they don't come up in
searches or as new added videos.

You need to know the link to them. I don't want to make negative
advertisement.

Stefan