On Tue, 7 Feb 2023, Stan Johnson wrote:

> If you think it would be useful, I don't mind letting the SE/30 run
> overnight to see if it eventually boots.

Preventing pointless key generation would be beneficial for all Macs,
Amigas, Ataris, emulators etc. and measuring the performance of one model
of Mac versus that of another model seems a bit irrelevant to me.

Moreover, you've shown that your kernel builds produce stack smashing
errors whereas Debian's build does not. To resolve the problem with your
builds, why not begin by eliminating some of the differences between your
build and Debian's?

I suggest you should adopt the current Debian SID build environment and
toolchain use it to build mainline Linux (stock v6.1) using QEMU.

If you use your .config and if you still get stack smashing errors then
you can use the script I wrote to bisect the differences between your
.config and Debian's .config.