Christian Schoepplein, le sam. 08 mai 2021 15:03:54 +0200, a ecrit:
> Hi Samuel,

> >> I’ve installed two Bullseye systems with the rc1 installer. today While
> >> the installation with braille support worked perfectly, after the
> >> installation the sound volume was that low, aht no speech output was
> >> possible.
> >>
> >> Is this a known issue?
> >
> >No, on the contrary, the fix mentioned above is supposed to fix that
> >kind of issue...
> >
> >Just to make sure:
> >- Do you end up with the alsa-utils package installed?
>
> Yes, the package is there after the installation
>
> >- Do you end up with a /var/lib/alsa/asound.state file on the installed
> >  system?
> >- Please post the content of that file
>
> The file ist also there. It looks like this:
>

>       control.2 {
>               iface MIXER
>               name 'Master Playback Volume'
>               value.0 63
>               value.1 63
>               comment {
>                       range '0 - 63'
>               }

So that's the maximum

>       control.17 {
>               iface MIXER
>               name 'PCM Playback Volume'
>               value.0 51
>               value.1 51
>               comment {
>                       range '0 - 63'

So that's not the maximum, but that's already very large.

Is the timestamp (see "stat /var/lib/alsa/asound.state") still dated the
time of your installation, and not of your fixing the sound levels?

I tried to reproduce the issue with vmware but didn't get the bug at
all, at reboot I had completely onrmal levels. Which version of vmware
are you using? Which VM profile did you tell vmware?

Samuel