It might but it's separate from my issue of not being able to log into ANY
Desktop Environment (DE) with my username UNLESS I specifically choose the
DE I want in the Desktop Manager (DM) menu. This happens with all DE I have
installed and with all DM I have installed, so it's independent of DE or DM
and I don't know who to report the bug to. (I still haven't had time to try
your suggestions, Jude.)

After I learned a work-around it's only an annoyance.

I still only have speech in one virtual console 1 which boots into X
Windows, consoles 2 through 6 are mute. I converted from Stable/Bullseye to
Unstable/Sid without the bugs going away.

Best wishes,

David