On Mar 29, 2023, at 10:23, James Addison <j...@jp-hosting.net> wrote:

> Ok.  I'm not sure what to suggest in terms of build changes, so I'm wondering
> about other command-line options before learning more about the build.
>
> Does the problem occur when using different voices and languages?

That appears to be a very good question, as when I specify a language at all it
doesn't seem to stop speaking. I hadn't even realized that the system didn't
have a value in the config, /etc/default/espeakup. I'll keep pounding on it. As
of the last few hours, I can not make it stop speaking once I have a language
set. Maybe it's that I haven't tried the default language though. How would I
find that?

Thanks much.
--FC